Friday, December 28, 2007

Warrior in the Sky


As I walked
along the beach
I looked up, to find myself dumbfounded.

There was a figure, imposed in the sky, filling my vision.

The bold and striking warrior stood, in all his glory, looking down upon me with kind and glowing eyes. Orion, the guardian of the night, was watching over me, just as he watches over all humanity from his seat in the sky.
But Orion is different for everybody. The constellation has no face, and so people are forced to fill it in. I could picture my warrior, my Orion, glowing there among the black satin sky. Eyes matching the radiant black of night, hair flowing in the cosmic winds. His smile would make the shining stars look like dim flickers as its light would radiate down to the beach where I walked. Its friendly warmth would make the sun seem lukewarm.
The image of the warrior is complete for me. I smiled too as I kept walking along the shore, feeling the hairs on my neck rise slightly, almost as if someone was watching me from above. Orion, my warrior, my hero in the sky. He's there for me.

2 comments:

Daphni said...

squimp.
seriously
i mean a constellation!?!

Squimp said...

Yes, a constellation. Got a problem with it? :P