Sunday, December 16, 2007

Drama Drama Drama!!

You wouldn't beleive the commotion!

When 40 people are stuffed into a single room at the Hyatt downtown Minneapolis...
When everyone is staring anxiously at two people, two people who stand before everyone else...

It's amazing.

Human emotions are interesting... just the way we feel and interact with other people. Our emotions aren't independent variables- the way someone else feels will affect us... We can make people feel better, or worse, just by something we do. I think that this is all so intuitive that no-one gives it credit, and thus we don't give ourselves credit for our power over other people.

Some people prize being able to put away their emotions in place of a cold and ruthless demeanor. This packed room at the Hyatt was observing just this. The cool manner of one cornered and crushed the other with disturbing ease... something out of a "Nature" show about predators. I suppose it could make us 'stronger' to not be emotional, because others will not see our weaknesses. However, somehow emotionality for me, is much more natural to see... I understand the person and can identify with them. When a cold exterior is displayed, I can sit back and watch in awe, but I cannot feel like I share their pain or determination. However when an emotional person is in front of me I suddenly feel like I am a part of what they're telling me, like everything they're saying somehow involves me. It's pretty interesting, actually.

Just some thoughts. You can cross-apply it to New Moon: I suppose I admire Edward a lot (being non-emotional but very intriguing), but Jacob is a lot easier for me to identify with as a character, just because he can't really help himself but project his feelings.

2 comments:

Daphni said...

HAIR GUY v. BEN
HAIR GUY WINS!!! :D

Squimp said...

OMGNOWAYZ!!!!!