Thursday, January 10, 2008

Poetry


Well, I guess a good way to analyze what is going on in New Moon is through poetry, right?


If you look in my eyes

will you see all locked within?

Can you read their longing,

their slow, tortured hymn?


This happiness wakes me

from an enchanted state,

Now I'm here in your arms

I've just had to wait.


Don't leave me again

in this fierce, biting cold,

Keep me close to your side

as the world grows old.


I can feel all beauty

I can taste sweet desire

Now I'm with you forever

In your heart's glowing fire.


1/8/08



I wrote this thinking about how Bella probably feels in New Moon once she is reunited with Edward... she's had a very rough time, poor girl. That's ok, all better now. :)


2 comments:

Daphni said...

i like it. :D
it has a very angsty feel...just like new moon :P

Squimp said...

Yes, angsty is the word.